At your first appointment……..
At your first conference with me, I will explain to you in some depth the 4 step process used by the Court, in deciding who gets what in a property settlement.
I will also explain to you the various options available for reaching a settlement, and how this settlement can be recorded and put into effect.
I will then get information from you regarding:
- What your current assets and liabilities are
- The length of your relationship
- The history of your respective incomes and other contributions (including those contributions made as a parent and home maker)
- Details of the children of the relationship
- Details about your current, and future employment options
In identifying your assets and liabilities, it will be helpful if you bring with you:
- Copies of all current bank statements (including mortgage statements)
- Your last tax return
- Your most recent superannuation statements
- Financial reports for any business or trust that you may have an interest in
At the conclusion of our first meeting, I will be in a position to provide you with advice as to what your entitlements are, and a realistic range of outcomes you can expect.